What makes Rotarians different?
Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages:
- We see differently: Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
- We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
- We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
- We make a difference at home and around the world: Our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
How do we work?
Our impact starts with our members—people who work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities' toughest challenges. Their efforts are supported by Rotary International, our member association, and The Rotary Foundation, which turns generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Rotary is led by our members—responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organization's mission and values in their elected roles.
How did we get here?
We've been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since forming in 1905, we've taken on some of the world's toughest challenges and helped a wide range of international and service organizations—from the UN to Easter Seals—get started.
How do we use our funds?
Responsible leadership means more than just doing good work—it means making the most out of every donation we receive.
What causes do we support?
We have identified specific causes to target to maximize our local and global impact. At the same time, we understand that each community has its own unique needs and concerns. Through our network of resources and partners, we help clubs focus their service efforts in promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies.
Are you an established professional wanting to make positive changes in the community and around the world?
Becoming a Rotarian connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Over a meal or coffee, or even online, you'll:
- Discuss your community's needs and discover creative ways to meet them
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Clubs accept new members by invitation. Let us help connect you with a club in your area. It's not only a good way to get to know us—it's also a great way to get involved in your community.
Are you a student or young professional looking to grow your leadership skills?
We have clubs and programs that can help you increase these skills, gain world understanding, and make lifelong friendships—all while making a real difference in your community.
- Rotaract is for emerging leaders ages 18–30 who want to develop their professional and leadership skills while helping others.
- Interact is for students ages 12–18 who have an interest in community service and global exchange. Interact clubs are often affiliated with a local school.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a leadership training program for young people, run by local clubs.
Expand your network-and your worldview.
Are you interested in sharing your unique skills and experiences with others in your community?
Rotary unites people from all continents, cultures, and occupations—it's truly one of our greatest strengths. Our members are leaders in their fields and communities. Our diverse perspectives help us to see problems differently—and help us solve them in communities throughout the world.
Through Rotary, our members find many ways to meet, exchange ideas, and make lifelong friendships, including:
- Weekly club meetings
- Online discussion boards
- Interest-based affinity groups
- Local events
- Our annual international convention
- Interested in connecting with Rotary members in your community?
Help us create lasting change in communities around the world. committed to taking on some of the world's most pressing challenges.